Current Face Covering Policy:
The Board voted at the February 9, 2022 meeting to make masks optional for all staff, students, and visitors on each campus effective immediately. This decision was made after carefully considering multiple factors including: CDC updated guidelines, overall safety protocols, current positive case count, and current quarantine percentages. Each school within our family of charters will review case counts and the number of students quarantined due to close contact on a weekly basis.
Additionally, as of February 25, 2022 masks will no longer be required on public transportation including school buses per updated order issued by the CDC.
As a reminder, the following safety protocols remain in place:
- Hand sanitizer provided upon entry to each classroom
- Sanitization of classroom twice daily, prior to lunch and after dismissal
- Fixed seating assignments in each classroom
- Seating arrangements that allow for a minimum of 3 feet distancing when possible
- All staff and students encouraged to maintain 6 feet distancing when possible
StrongSchools NC Public Health Toolkit: